What’s Tree Campus USA?
Tree Campus USA was created to honor college campuses and the leaders of their surrounding communities for promoting healthy urban forestry management and engaging the campus community in environmental stewardship.
Five Core Standards of Tree Campus
To become a Tree Campus USA community, a school must meet five core standards of tree care and community engagement:
- Establishing a campus tree advisory committee
- Evidence of a campus tree-care plan
- Dedicated annual expenditures on the campus tree plan
- Involvement in an Arbor Day observance
- The institution of a service-learning project aimed at engaging the student body